Against what do I file this bug?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 15 15:31:48 UTC 2009

S.A. Hartsuiker wrote:
> On 07/15/2009 01:24 AM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> This sounds like an initrd problem to me, but I am no expert.
>
>  Uhm, no. I am in the ''Fedora Interactive'' bit, the
> /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit at that moment.

What I mean is, if you aren't getting something mounted, my first guess
would be that the contents of the initrd are wrong. That might be a
mkinitrd problem, but it might be something else. I am not a boot
process expert... ergo I probably will not be of further help; sorry.

I can think of one other question that might help someone else help you,
however. Is it only /boot that doesn't mount? What about /, swap, and
any other disk mounts (i.e. /proc, /sys are likely not interesting) you
have configured?

--
Matthew
It is training and experience that gives us the ability to abstract