Adding 32-bit packages to ppc64 and x86_64 composes and yum repos

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jul 16 23:05:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 15:44 -0400, William Cohen wrote:
> I was looking through the oprofile rpms included in the Fedora yum repos for
> ppc64 and x86_64. Oprofile 0.9.4 has support for java profiling that uses shared
> libraries. These shared libraries are packaged in the oprofile-jit rpm. 64-bit
> platforms such as ppc64 and x86_64 can run 32-bit versions of java. Thus, the
> 32-bit versions of the oprofile-jit rpm need to be included in the repositories.
> How does one get those rpms added to the rpms?

They have to get picked up by the multilib algorithm that mash runs, or
they have to be hardcoded into being picked up (or the algorithm has to
be expanded to pick up other packages for this reason).

Best to file a ticket with rel-eng trac to get this worked out.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!