Packages tracked by FEver that need to be updated

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 17 15:56:58 UTC 2009

On 07/16/2009 11:22 PM, Till Maas wrote:
> On Saturday 11 July 2009 13:29:59 Rakesh Pandit wrote:
>
>> Thanks for nice work. I too mailed other some time back .. but did not
>> recieved any mail back. May you share the program ;)
>
> My current code is available at
> http://fedorapeople.org/gitweb?p=till/public_git/cnucnu.git;a=summary
>
> But don't be disappointed, because it does not yet do very much.

It would be useful to have a dynamically generated webpage that shows
how close we are to upstream versions across different Fedora versions
similar to the distrowatch packages page. Maybe allow package
maintainers to add in comments indicating what their plans are, even.
For example, if a update is going to break the ABI in a intrusive way
(let's say XULRunner) or change the configuration file format (nagios),
I as a package maintainer would like to convey that information to my
users so they know why I haven't pushed an update despite new features
or even minor bug fixes.

Rahul