Fit and Finish test day: batteries and suspend

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Jul 17 17:05:43 UTC 2009

Matthias Clasen on 07/17/2009 11:50 AM wrote:
> Just a reminder:
>
> The next 'fit and finish' test day will take place on July 21, which is
> next Tuesday. We want to look at issues with the user experience around
> batteries, suspend and power management in general.

This test day should not be limited to laptops. Even thought the wiki
page doesn't state any restrictions, it is implied that this is for laptops.

There are some folks that have UPS battery backups that used to function
under HAL and F10. Now that DeviceKit has removed all references to UPS
devices until they figure out how they want to add them back in, I, and
other UPS owners are left without methods of adjusting settings or even
using the shutdown feature. I don't want to install httpd and configure
config files for apcupsd. If you are going to suggest such, then Fedora
has lost touch with reality.