weird debuginfo problem

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Thu Jul 23 21:53:20 UTC 2009

> /home on this system is a symlink to /disk/data/home, and %_topdir was
> "/home/beorn/rpm". This caused debuginfo packages without sources, where the
> .debug files referenced the sources in the build directory. After I changed
> %_topdir to "/disk/data/home/beorn/rpm" the debuginfo packages seem correct.

Hmm.  Can you look at:
	eu-readelf --debug-dump=info FILE | fgrep comp_dir
on some of those .debug files and see what directory names got embedded there?

It looks for %{_builddir} and rewrites that to /usr/src/... names.
I guess maybe it needs to look for both %{_builddir} and `cd %{_builddir}; pwd`.
I think both the name you use and the canonical name can get embedded in
DWARF source file names, depending how things are compiled.

Thanks,
Roland