fedora 11 worst then ever release

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 19:11:06 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Alan Cox<alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> all these symptoms sound like your upgrade went horribly wrong. I've seen
> preupgrade mash up a box by half upgrading like that. It's the main reason
> I don't think preupgrade is actually safe to use yet.

My first thought is...who in the community is standing up and taking
the responsibility as the front line testers of preupgrade during the
pre-release process?  I admit I don't test or make us of it (and thus
I don't feel I'm qualified to comment on how well it functions nor do
I tell people to use it because I do not use it myself)...as I prefer
fresh installs so that I can experience the default configuration
which can change significantly from release to release.  Do we need
some affirmative me-too tabulation on the install scenarios to get an
idea of how much testing each method is getting? If preupgrade is
seeing only 1% of the DVD installer testing would it help to publicly
expose that as encouragement for more people to test preupgrade?

-jef