fedora 11 worst then ever release

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 26 12:57:06 UTC 2009

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009, Farkas Levente wrote:

> ohhh, come on!!! it's not an answer! it's just a proof that it's the worst
> release ever. who dare to put a newer yum into f10-updates than in f11 iso?

Here's what happened. I was delaying updating yum in f10-updates, on
purpose. We slipped F11 twice and there was pressure to upgrade F10's yum
to fix some bugs. So the timing worked out that F10+updates had a newer
yum than F11. It happens. We provided an easy workaround and documented
it.

> who think about that his system will not working after doing everything as it
> has to be. can you tell me any other distro (including windows!) where the
> system installer not working after upgrade?

It happens all the time on lots of systems. I've had it happen on debian
upgrades, slackware upgrades (granted that was looooooooooooong ago) and
many fedora and rhel upgrades.

> if it's so broken or it's require
> so broken thing like python then it should have to be replaced with something
> better tool.

I think you're being a bit melodramatic.

> ok i know fedora is not intended for any serious task but can
> you images such a situation on a remote installed system. it's something like
> a toy now and not a real operation system.

I disagree.

And, frankly, if you're using fedora for such important tasks, you should
have tested, first.

-sv