Updated Anaconda packages

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Jul 27 22:11:05 UTC 2009

On 07/27/2009 10:21 PM, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> Regenerating the images is expensive -- it requires effort on the part
> of the developers doing fixes, release engineering doing builds with the
> fixes, QA testing the fixes, infrastructure (mirrors) carrying a
> significant amount more bits[1], ...
Not quite true.

Instead of building "all images", you could build a minimalist network
install image, which installs from "Everything"+"updates".

I don't know how you build images, but it's hard to image building such
an image frequently (e.g. whenever any package it contains has changed)
is "such kind of expensive".

An alternative would be, to ship a script to let people build such an
image themselves. It would not help everybody in all situations, but it
at least help people who have some (other) version of Fedora running
somewhere.

Ralf