Updated Anaconda packages

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Jul 27 22:11:10 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, Jeff Garzik <jgarzik at pobox.com> said:
> Chris Adams wrote:
> >IIRC Sun only spun that a couple of times per year though (at most maybe
> >once per quarter, but I don't remember it being that often).
>
> Incorrect, for our shop at least.  They regenerated every month, and
> were dated thusly.

I saw releases dated monthly, but I never saw releases that had actually
been updated every month (but that may have just been me).

> They might have moved to quarterly in the 2000's, after the Internet
> bubble; I dunno.  I was doing Linux by then :)

Oh, I was off of Slowaris in mid-1998.

Sun also charged bucket-loads of money at the time for Solaris support,
so I expect they could afford the QA.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>