Testing libsatsolver on Fedora

Michael Schroeder mls at suse.de
Tue Jul 28 08:32:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 02:15:49AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 07/27/2009 04:31 PM, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> > I'm the author of the "libsatsolver" library, a library solves
> > package dependencies with a SAT algorithm.
> > This library is currently used in SUSE by YaST/zypp. I'm currently
> > trying to make it less SUSE specific like adding support for package
> > coloring and different repo handling, but I'm pretty sure I didn't
> > catch all things where Fedora is different from SUSE.
>
> What's the eventual goal?

There's no real goal, I'm just trying to make the library as
flexible as possible.

> > So, if you have some spare time, could you give it a try and tell
> > me where it works well/ does stupid things/ doesn't work at all?
>
> On Fedora 11 (x86_32)
>
> $ sudo solv info coreutils. Keeping reading some of the metadata over
> and over again instead of caching them it seems.

It doesn't cache them if it encountered errors.

> It also reads the xml
> files instead of sqlite databases supported more recently.

Yes, it doesn't make sense to support those, as libsatsolver doesn't
use sqlite.

> Also claims
> some of the repos don't have repomd.xml file while they do
>
> http://fpaste.org/paste/20055

"download error 6" means that curl exited with exit code 6, which
means "Couldn't resolve host" according to the man page. That's
pretty strange, because downloading "repomd.xml" seems to have worked,
but primary.xml.gz suddenly fails.

rpmfusion-free: is the repo configured to use a mirrorlist instead
of metalink? That's not supported yet. Should be easy to add, though.

> $ sudo solv search quake3
>
> returns nothing after reading some of the repos again for quite
> sometime. Ping me in irc if you need to test specific commands more. I
> am mether in freenode and usually in #fedora-devel

Probably because it couldn't read the primary.xml file because of
the "download error 6" problem.

Thanks for testing!

Cheers,
  Michael.