[ANNOUNCE] New Mixer Handling in PA 0.9.16/F12

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Wed Jul 29 14:19:55 UTC 2009

Hi.

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:39:14 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> But whatever. Just please stop imposing pulseaudio on those who don't
> want to use it. For the record, I'm still considering leaving Fedora
> because - as a GNOME desktop - it's becoming unusable without
> pulseaudio. Making it a hard dependency for GNOME bluetooth stack in
> F11 went a bit too far in my opinion.

I'm obviously missing something. Are you opposed to the general fact that
PA packages use up your disk space, or just to the fact that PA tries
to handle your audio?

If the latter, I've removed alsa-plugins-pulseaudio and pointed my audip
apps to alsa for sound output. As far as I can tell that removes PA
from the picture.