new to list, first post

wdepli at mikrotec.com wdepli at mikrotec.com
Thu Jul 30 14:30:31 UTC 2009

I am new to this list, and I am looking forward to hearing the discussion.

But thanks to bob and others responding to my post on fedoraforum.org
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=227101 , I think I would
like to broach a subject.  My apologies if this is already a burning issue
-- I am at work, and should not spend time browsing the archives.

Is Fedora really gaining that much ground with every bi-yearly release to
justify that pace?

After all Red Hat is not a desktop but a server, right?  And Chrome could
kill current races to find a desktop to compete with Windows.  So why not
concentrate on what Red Hat/Fedora does best?  Let Ubuntu grind out Gnome
and KDE enhancements.  How often does Solaris release desktop distros?

Thanks again for letting me be a party to the discussion.

D_bot