new to list, first post

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 30 15:01:31 UTC 2009

2009/7/30  <wdepli at mikrotec.com>:
> I am new to this list, and I am looking forward to hearing the discussion.
>
> But thanks to bob and others responding to my post on fedoraforum.org
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=227101 , I think I would
> like to broach a subject.  My apologies if this is already a burning issue
> -- I am at work, and should not spend time browsing the archives.
>
> Is Fedora really gaining that much ground with every bi-yearly release to
> justify that pace?
>
> After all Red Hat is not a desktop but a server, right?  And Chrome could
> kill current races to find a desktop to compete with Windows.  So why not
> concentrate on what Red Hat/Fedora does best?  Let Ubuntu grind out Gnome
> and KDE enhancements.  How often does Solaris release desktop distros?

That post is just intended to start a flamewar. It didn't work on the
forum, so you try it here.
*If* it's seriously what you think. You shouldn't waste the time of
our developers, but google and read up on all the topics you brought
up here. If you cant do at work, do it at home.

Sorry if it sounds too snarky.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium