Brainstorming Session for Fedora Community 2.0 - Monday August 3, 2009 - 1500 UTC

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Thu Jul 30 15:55:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 03:56:32PM -0400, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> Actually, the only things that the jQuery test page[1] says that
> Konqueror (4.2.4) is failing at are:
>
> 31. core module: append(String|Element|Array<Element>|jQuery)
>     7. Check for appending text with spaces
> 137. ajax module: jQuery.post(String, Hash, Function) - simple
> with xml
>     3. Expected 4 assertions, but 2 were run
> 197. fx module: Chain hide show
>     5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
> hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
> 198. fx module: Chain show hide
>     5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
> hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
> 199. fx module: Chain toggle in
>     5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
> hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
> 200. fx module: Chain toggle out
>     5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
> hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
> 201. fx module: Chain slideUp slideDown
>     5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
> hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
> 202. fx module: Chain slideDown slideUp
>     5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
> hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
> 203. fx module: Chain slideToggle in
>     5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
> hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
> 204. fx module: Chain slideToggle out
>     5. Make sure that overflow is reset (Old: visible Cur:
> hidden) expected: hidden actual: visible
>
> The first two seem like bugs (137 looks fixed as of 4.2.98), the
> last bunch like not-implemented-yet. I assume the Chain stuff is
> used to load/show the panels and such in the work area (pardon
> the ignorance of any official jargon). So once the Chain stuff
> is implemented, I imagine Konq should work (unless there are
> things that the test page doesn't test for).
>
> - --Ben
>
> [1] http://jquery.com/test

Filing Konqueror-related Fedora Community bugs at this time seems
pointless until this test suite passes.  I spoke with the jQuery author
recently and Konqueror problems are completely off their radar.  We need
some people who care about this browser to step up and work with jQuery
upstream to improve it.

luke