Suggested new Group in comps

Robert Rati rrati at redhat.com
Thu Jul 30 17:49:18 UTC 2009

Does it make sense to add a new group to the comps file for distributed
computing systems?  With the inclusion on condor, and some of it's
supporting feature packages, as well as potentially more grid/cloud/etc
type software coming down the pipe, I can see value in adding a group
for these types of software.

Right now condor is not listed in the comps file, so isn't available to
install from kickstart (as I understand it).  If I was setting up a
cluster from the ground up, it would be nice to be able to use kickstart
to install the OS and the packages I want for a node in the cluster.

If this makes sense, what do people think about the group being named:
Distributed Computing

Thoughts?

Rob