Audio issue...

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Jul 30 18:40:03 UTC 2009

Hello,

   On an up to date F11 I'm seeing bizarre audio issues. Using Rhythmbox
or the main volume control in the panel, if I adjust the volume, and
then request the next song, my volume level is reset, and not
necessarily reset to the same value. For example I start where rhythmbox
is showing 1%, I increase it to 15%. Select Next Song... the sound
volume drops again down to anywhere in the 0-2% range... The volume
isn't modified when Rhythmbox moves to the next song on its own.

   Also likely related, when I first start rhythmbox playing (from a
fresh login or a closing of rhythmbox and starting it again) the first
song is always muted... no idea why. I either have to click next song or
adjust the volume on the first song...

   Are these known issues or should file a bug... Would this be pulse
audio related or is there a way to perhaps narrow down what component is
causing the issue?

--
Nathanael d. Noblet