Testing libsatsolver on Fedora

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Fri Jul 31 01:42:08 UTC 2009

On 07/30/2009 08:49 AM, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> Version 0.14.4 should have all fixes.

OK, my reported bugs are fixed.

On first run of 'update' (me saying 'n' ASAP), solv ran at about twice
the real time of yum (both mostly downloading information).

But that's not what I was interested in measuring.  On a second run,
with the local files being current, I got for 'solv update':

  real    0m2.691s
  user    0m0.186s
  sys     0m0.037s

and for 'yum update'

  real    0m10.555s
  user    0m8.890s
  sys     0m0.517s

A cursory glance at the output shows similar solutions (the differing
reporting formats make it quite the back and forth to analyze).  To be
fair, I have a few yum plugins loaded, so it may be doing more work.

solv's kernel handling appears to behave a bit different than yum's
perhaps?  I put the output here:

  http://fpaste.org/paste/20452

Gosh, my yum-cron doesn't appear to be on. :P

-Bill

http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Cell: 603.252.2606
Twitter, etc.: bill_mcgonigle   Page: 603.442.1833
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/