[ANNOUNCE] New Mixer Handling in PA 0.9.16/F12

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Jul 31 01:54:29 UTC 2009

Lennart Poettering (mzerqung at 0pointer.de) said:
> And also, please paste a dump of "amixer -c0" for your HDA card so
> that we can see that it includes a "CD" control.

Sorry, but...
$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                      HDA Intel at 0xee240000 irq 17
$ amixer -c 0
Simple mixer control 'CD',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch cswitch cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
  Capture exclusive group: 0
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Mono
  Limits: Playback 0 - 31
  Mono: Capture [off]
  Front Left: Playback 23 [74%] [0.00dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 23 [74%] [0.00dB] [on]

Of course, I've had the laptop two and a half years, and never needed
to touch it.

But seriously, guys... take it off-list, I doubt anyone is that interested
any more.

Bill