Rawhide mock builds broken

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Jul 31 02:44:02 UTC 2009

Today I tried to do some rawhide builds in my usual mock setup (running
on updated x86_64 F11), but somehow I can't even init a chroot due to:

Executing command: ['/usr/sbin/groupadd', '-g', '498', 'mockbuild']
Child returncode was: 4

GID 498 is already occupied by exim, which gets pulled in because cronie
depends on /usr/bin/sendmail and exim has the shortest name.  (cronie is
needed because of crontabs, which is a dependency of rpm.)  Exim has no
requirement that it get group 498; it only calls useradd so this must
just be bad luck.

Obviously this didn't always happen; I have no idea what has changed to
cause this situation.  Anyone have any ideas for getting mock going
again?

 - J<