Testing libsatsolver on Fedora

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 31 14:26:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 13:01 +0200, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm the author of the "libsatsolver" library, a library solves
> package dependencies with a SAT algorithm.
> This library is currently used in SUSE by YaST/zypp. I'm currently
> trying to make it less SUSE specific like adding support for package
> coloring and different repo handling, but I'm pretty sure I didn't
> catch all things where Fedora is different from SUSE.
>
> To test things I've written a small application called "solv" that
> works like a very tiny package manager. It's available via:
>
> http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=Fedora:11&q=libsatsolver-demo

Impressive: after the repository data has been downloaded, the
calculation of the update from Fedora 10 (x86_64) to Fedora 11 takes
less than two seconds (practically instantaneous!) on an Athlon64 X2
4600+.

Please release this as a separate project to help cross-distro
development. This would be a pretty nifty tool in Fedora as well.

PS. Some kind of a download progress bar (speed & % of completion) would
be nice.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor