Testing libsatsolver on Fedora

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Fri Jul 31 18:53:53 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 02:40:26PM -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
>> That might be a nice createrepo feature to add such conflicts.
>
> That would only help you if you only have a single repository - which we
> NEVER do b/c of fedora + updates + updates-testing.

It could take a list of repos that the created repo is depending on.
For fedora repos it would work, the order is fedora < updates <
updates-testing.

>> Yes, but that's not what I'm talking about. I mean the explicit
>> conflicts between current versions of packages. I.e. the thing that
>> makes the complexity exponential.
>>
>> For example:
>> package A: depends on X
>> package B: conflicts with D
>> package C: provides X
>> package D: provides X
>>
>> yum install A B fails here as it tries to install A B D. The solution
>> is to install A B C.
>>

> And you've tested that yum doesn't work in this case? Putting together a
> unittest for it should be pretty straightforward.

I have, with yum-3.2.23-3.fc11. When the conflict is changed to C, it
works (install A B D) which suggests the conflict is not handled when
depsolving.

Fixing it so it works generally won't be easy, I have to warn you :).

--
Miroslav Lichvar