Maintainer Responsibilities

Juha Tuomala Juha.Tuomala at iki.fi
Wed Jun 3 08:22:46 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 03 June 2009 06:09:49 Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> I disagree. Reporters are "users" - "customers" if you like to.
>
> You can't expect them to do anything, nor demand them to do anything,
> nor force them to do anything.

I agree. Demanding them to take any responsibility
on that report, even testing it again makes them just
think twice next time to report anything.

> That said, I consider it to be a Fedora package's maintainer's job and
> duty to act as moderator/arbiter/coordinator to initiate appropriate
> communication/interaction between all different parties (reporter,
> packager, upstreams) "when necessary/if required".

Exactly. If the reporter wants to take part to that
communication, good. But that should not expected.

More reports is better than more active reporters, those
latter ones wont disapper anywhere anyway.

Tuju

--
Better to have one, and not need it, than to need one and not have it.