Fedora 11 Test Day survey

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jun 3 21:55:00 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 09:21 -0500, King InuYasha wrote:
> 6. If they were planned better, then maybe I would be able to set
> aside time to do them. I would like to participate in future Test
> Days.

You're right that we generally only get the meat of the test cases and
so forth up about 48 hours in advance. However, the actual *schedule* of
events is fixed a lot earlier than that. The F11 schedule was here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/F11

and most of the days were listed there weeks before they actually
happened. The F12 one is up now:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/F12

and will be getting populated starting pretty soon. So you do at least
have the opportunity to see what days are coming up in future, though
the test cases and live media may not be available yet.

> 7. Set up a reporting center just for Test Day feedback. Using the
> wiki is definitely not good enough. Additionally, Do not limit the
> test days to people subscribed to the mailing list. Take a page from
> Mozilla's books and announce those test days to the world.
> Unfortunately, to do that, test days need to be planned better.

We do announce them on Planet Fedora also. For a couple of test days in
the F11 cycle, we did wider announcements to general-interest sites, and
this was pretty successful; it's something we'll be doing for F12 too.
However, it's not appropriate for all test days (some are things that
are really specific to a Fedora audience, or even more selective than
that) - we have to pick ones that are both of interest to a general
audience, and that a general audience will be able to participate in
(i.e. can be tested from a live CD with general-purpose hardware).

Thanks for the thoughts!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey