Maintainer Responsibilities

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jun 4 13:20:26 UTC 2009

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> You are still presuming your users to be interested in developing and
> working on your package.
>
> This simply does not apply - They want to use your package.

I see 2 possibilities:
* either the user wants his/her bug fixed, in that case he/she is
responsible for reporting it to the appropriate place,
* or the user does not care about having the bug fixed, that's fine with me,
we can just close it, less work for me. ;-) If somebody actually cares,
he/she'll report it upstream. If nobody cares, why bother fixing it?

        Kevin Kofler