Interested in scanning?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jun 5 13:32:12 UTC 2009

On 06/05/2009 04:14 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 14:04 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>
>> Now F11 is a new low: when pressing the scan or preview buttons from
>> either xsane-gimp or gnomescan the result is X crashing and me seeing
>> the GDM screen.
>
> X crashing does not sound like something related to scanning in
> particular; but it is certainly a bug worth filing, especially if it is
> easily reproducible.

I was not sure on which component should it be reported to, X,
sane-backends/fronteds, gnomescan, xsane.

It crashes every time when I am trying to scan with a GUI, the only way
to do somehing without a crash is using scanimage from commandline,
which is aborting with "scanimage: received signal 15".