Maintainer Responsibilities

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 16:05:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 10:44 +0200, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

> > In other situations, you can set the UPSTREAM keyword, so the bug
> > remains open but you know it's being handled upstream and you need to
> > bring the fix downstream once it's available upstream.
>
> I like idea of some TRACKING_UPSTREAM keyword - it's easy to search and CLOSED
> bugs are not as easy to search for duplicates when you are reporting bug.

As Edwin noted, there is in fact an Upstream keyword in RH Bugzilla (and
a 'MoveUpstream' keyword). 'Upstream' appears only ever to have been
used for two bugs, however. 'MoveUpstream' seems to have been used
extensively in the past, but rarely lately: it does seem to fit the case
I described, however. So, yeah, if you like this idea, use the
'MoveUpstream' keyword. :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey