(Most) Results from the Candidate Questionnaire are available now

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 19:28:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 09:04:08PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Sorry, was a bit busy over the past few days and didn't get around to
> answer all mails.
>
> On 04.06.2009 00:30, Andreas Thienemann wrote:
> > On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> [...]
> >> I'm disappointed this ended up being a more difficult process than you
> >> intended, but I have no doubt we can improve it for the next cycle.
> > Leaving a bit more time between the cut-off date for the questionaire and
> > the town hall meeting should hopefully fix that.
>
> My basic idea is to have the question finished and in the wiki after the
> first half of the nomination period is over. I'd also suggest the
> answers should get sent in no later than "end of nomination period" +
> something like 2 or 3 days.
>
> That way the total time of the whole the election business stays roughly
> the same. People that are late with the nomination then only have
> something like two or three days to answer the question, but that's
> their decision -- they could have had 9 or10 days if they had chosen to
> nominated earlier.

Thorsten, if you get a chance, would you mind hanging a link off the
wiki's [[Elections]] page with a brief summary of the procedure you
used, and/or any suggestions for improvements?  When it comes time for
the next election we can refer to it.  If you're willing and able then
to fill that role, you can refer to it; and if not, we'll be able to
carry on as needed.