Rawhide moving on to Fedora 12 content

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 22:06:49 UTC 2009

2009/6/5 Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>:
> They'll have access to the updates and updates-testing repo, just not
> the 'fedora' repo.  It is a bit of an inconvenience for users for a few
> days.

It's possible that a new version of a package in updates(-testing)
depends on a core package that wasn't previously required and isn't
installed. I solved this by first "yum --disablerepo=fedora
--enablerepo=rawhide install <required package>" and then "yum
--disablerepo=fedora update". (Repeat as necessary for other
dependencies.)

Just in case someone else hits the same issue,

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
ICCS, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.