USB autosuspend in F12

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 21:18:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Matthew Garrett<mjg at redhat.com> wrote:
> Through F12 I'm going to be slowly enabling autosuspend on various
> pieces of USB hardware. The aim is to ensure that it's only enabled on
> hardware that supports it.

As you move forward with this across the devicescape, how are you
going to selectively enable devices to apply autosuspend to? Is this
done by a whitelisting of specific device ids? Or is this going to be
done based on a detected set of capabilities and then pruning that
back with a blacklist?

I've got some exotic homebrew usb equipment that I'm going to have to
troubleshoot on my own, so it would be useful to know how you are
going to slice the device space so I can figure out which devices
should and should not be affected..eventually.

-jef