Too eager?

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Wed Jun 10 01:22:17 UTC 2009

2009-06-09 at 11:17 -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:

> [...]
fedora-release* and did yum clean all ; yum
>> update

YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or

Manually filling in
basearch in fedora.repo for basearch and mirrorlist

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2009-June/msg00783.html
the same line that says "Eg. </metalink>/", then I
think

the solution.

>>> That's my error, but that doesn't help.
yum-3.2.21-2.fc10.noarch.

the yum from Fed-10
3.2.23 and understands metalink and
>> metalink
>>
>> as mirrorlist.
>> >>

>> > Success!  I trust this will be pushed to F-10 stable with
a quickness?

>> > Thanks all,
>> >
>> > -J
>> >
>> Of
course, now we have dependency problems, that --skip-broken won't
>> touch. . .
>>
>> Error: Missing
Dependency: libcrypto.so.7 is needed by package

nx-3.3.0-33.fc10.i386 (installed)
>> Error: Missing Dependency:
libcrypto.so.7 is needed by package
>> ntp-4.2.4p7-1.fc10.i386
(installed)
>> Error: Missing Dependency: python(abi) = 2.5 is
needed by package
>> yum-3.2.23-3.fc10.noarch (installed)
>>
>> Normally I'd remove the offending packages, but I
sorta need yum. . .and
>> openssl. . .
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
>  The yum in Fed-11
updates-testing is yum-3.2.23-3.fc11.noarch.rpm,
> which is newer
than the one in Fed-10 updates-testing. Given you are
> trying to
update via. yum, just enabling updates-testing should be the

most fun :). Or you can always just download the above yum, and use yum
> shell to update everything else and yum via. the local file.

And how do I install an F-11 yum RPM in F-10, which lacks python
2.6?  I get the same thing with or without updates-testing for
F-11.

Preupgrade isn't a very good option for some of my hosts,
due to lack of X and restrictions on downtime.  Yum Should Work if
all the deps and EVRs are right.  :)

>  Or there is
always preupgrade, which is the suppor^W less fun way to do
> it
:).

<james at fedoraproject.org>

fedora-devel-list at redhat.com