USB autosuspend in F12

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 18:29:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 17:04 +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 09:15:30AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 19:32 +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > >
> > > Through F12 I'm going to be slowly enabling autosuspend on various
> > > pieces of USB hardware. The aim is to ensure that it's only enabled on
> > > hardware that supports it. This is going to be a combination of kernel
> > > modifications and packaging changes, and while I'll be testing as many
> > > as possible before uploading anything there's a risk that some hardware
> > > will misbehave. I'll let people know when I think I'm about to upload
> > > anything risky.
> >
> > Is this something worthy of being a feature?
>
> Possibly. I'd pretty much thought of it as bugfixing, but feature sounds
> fair.

Making it a feature would make for easy integration with the Test Day
process, and this sounds like a good thing to have a Test Day for - it
should be relatively easy, and beneficial to development (as we should
be able to get people with a wide variety of devices to show up).

Please do ping me or jlaska if you'd be interested in doing a test day
for this.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey