Fedora LaTeX SIG?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jun 11 18:38:23 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 11 juin 2009 à 20:38 +0300, Jussi Lehtola a écrit :

> On Fedora 11
> $ yum search fonts|wc -l
> 467

Actually
$ repoquery --repoid=rawhide --whatprovides "font(*)" | sed "s
+-[0-9]*:.*++g"|wc -l
233

And every single package listed here was re-done for F11 because we only
introduced the means to autodetect font provides during this cycle (and
a lot of them were re-reviewed because of srpm naming changes)

> This is less than 1/4 of the amount of packages Tex Live will bring.

So what? This is not the upper limit of what can be reviewed. This upper
limit is not known because we didn't manage to saturate the font review
queue yet. What is missing is font packagers, not reviewers.

It is very easy for a single person to review many packages as long as
they follow strictly a simple well-known pre-approved template. You
basically just run diff or meld and check the licensing is acceptable.

--
Nicolas Mailhot