[Phoronix] Ubuntu 9.04 vs. Fedora 11 Performance

James Hubbard jameshubbard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:16:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis<fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> IOW: a lot of those phoronix articles that contain benchmarks could be
> half as long or even shorter if you rip out the results that are of no
> value and replace them by "No unexpected side effects could be found
> when running tests foo, bar, baz, foobar, ...; We thus didn't publish
> the results to not confuse and bore you".

You mean like clicking the link to the last page and reading the
summary there? I do that for every review that I read. I always read
the summary at the end after getting through the introductory
material.   I don't even look at the graphs unless they mention some
issue at the end.  The better sites don't require you to read the all
of material between the beginning and the end of a review.