Signing server? (Re: Updates testing for F-11)

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:22:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Kevin Kofler<kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Josh Boyer wrote:
>> No.  It simply is not possible.  See my (and Luke's) email on how long
>> a single push takes.
>
> Seth says the 22-hour run is a bug. If a run can be done in ~8 hours, that
> means an automated update procedure could do about 3 per day.

Theoretically, yes.  In reality, probably not.  At least not until we
get some of the other items in place that would even make this
remotely possible.  Also, we need to fix the failure paths, which make
things indeterminably slower.

> But of course, if it takes one day, then let's do one per day. I'm not
> asking for the impossible. ;-)

I WAS doing one a day.  In fact, until a week ago I was doing them as
often as possible.  I plan to pick that back up on Monday, as I'm only
able to be online for about 5 min at a time until then.

josh