Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Sat Jun 13 17:15:01 UTC 2009

----- "Tom Lane" <tgl at redhat.com> wrote:
> Are we sure about that?  The reasons not to bother would be just as
> strong for Unity, no?
>
> I agree with that chain of reasoning, but am not convinced of the
> starting premise.

OK lets remove any doubt, if Fedora Project does not produce them Fedora Unity will if at all possible. The last time the CD media was dropped the crys and screams of terror from the "third world" that have never seen a DVD rom were considerable. If CD media was dropped I would say go half way, drop it for x86_64, people installing on 64 bit capable hardware are probably going to have a DVD rom. Those installing i?86 really might not.

- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |