Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Sat Jun 13 18:53:21 UTC 2009

----- "Frank Murphy" <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just curious.
>
> But if a user has bandwidth problems,
> how is\are mutiple CD's going to help,
> or is it purely on hardware grounds, no dvd-rom.

Does no one remember what happened last time the CD ball was dropped? Lets not repeat history just for fun. We have been down this road before, it was ugly and only lasted one release. Torrent tracker numbers BTW do not always tell the truth. In many cases in these less fortunate areas one person will download the ISO images, then make CDs for any one in the surrounding villages. Sneakernet is alive and well. I asked about this topic a few minutes ago in the #fedora-social IRC channel because we seemed to have a pretty diverse mix of people chatting. There was a resounding response that the CDs need to be kept.

- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |