Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Jun 14 16:26:18 UTC 2009

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 14:58:36 +0000 (UTC), "Robert 'Bob' Jensen"
<bob at fedoraunity.org> wrote:
> ----- "King InuYasha" <ngompa13 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A script that takes the DVD image to produce the CD versions would
>> basically require extracting the whole DVD image and then generating
>> new ISOs from that tree. Maybe mirrors could do it if you want to save
>> space on the main server or whatever.
>>

> I think Bradley was suggesting something that the user could use to
create
> CDs from an expanded DVD. I believe that revisor can do this pretty
easily
> for users that already have an existing Fedora or EL install, kanarip
will
> be speaking up on this I hope now that he is home.

Revisor can do this very easily, but it's a hidden feature (not exposed in
the GUI, barely documented, blabla)

It's called --reuse, which allows you to not rebuild the installer images,
but instead reuse existing installer images. You would point it at a
mounted DVD, configure a repository pointing to the DVD, and voila, you can
do anything you like with it.

This is what I use to create the Everything spins too; I just change the
package payload, but do not change the installer images.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip