Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Jun 15 03:09:26 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> said:
> See the livecd-iso-to-pxeboot script, although it does place some
> (somewhat) different requirements on things.

AFAIK livecd-iso-to-pxeboot is useless for 32 bit, at least for the
standard Fedora LiveCD images.  I think the kernel will only use an
initrd that is less than half the size of lowmem, or 448M.

It would be useful to be able to export the root FS from a LiveCD via
NFS, or maybe have an alternate initrd for PXE booting that could NFS
mount the ISO image (and then the LiveCD root), or fetch the ISO into
RAM via HTTP, or something along those lines.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>