Fedora 11 Retrospective Happens Tuesday June 16, 2009 at 14:00 UTC (10 AM EDT)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Jun 15 14:04:39 UTC 2009

Hi!

On 12.06.2009 03:47, John Poelstra wrote:
> Have you ever wanted to give your perspective on how well the Fedora
> development and release process works, but weren't sure where to do it?
>
> Now you have the perfect opportunity!

Nice intro, but...

> For Fedora 11 we are having a
> project wide conference all to reflect on the good and not so good parts
> of the Fedora 11 development cycle.
>
> There are two ways to get involved:
> 1) Contact your team lead to see if you can attend as the additional
> person from your team
> -or-
> 2) Add your name to the list of lottery participants for a chance to be
> one of the five people randomly selected.

...why doesn't it contain something like this?

3) share your impressions ahead of the meeting by mail and we'll try to
pick some of the point raised up in the discussion

IMHO it should not even be point "3", it should be the first and most
important point! Reason: Some people will never be able to attend to to
conflicting schedules (e.g. most of the spare time contributers will
likely simply have to do their work to earn money) and time zone
differences complicate things even move.

And that's why mail IMHO is so important for a world-wide project like
Fedora. Yes, I know, it sometimes a bit harder to use then a IRC meeting
or a phone conference, but it's the only way that make sure everybody
can get heard -- which IMHO obviously is something very important for a
project like Fedora.

CU
knurd