Heads up: NoArch Sub Packages Feature continues

Jochen Schmitt Jochen at herr-schmitt.de
Mon Jun 15 15:36:23 UTC 2009

Am 15.06.2009 16:19, schrieb Florian Festi:
> Please check your packages[2] whether they can make use of this
> feature and add your changed packages to the list[3].

I have reread the list of the candidates for noarch sub packages on your
list.

I wan't to notifiy, that the creation of the noarch package is only
possible, if there
are no packages required on the package which contains a ExcludeArch or
ExclusiveArch
statement in the SPEC file.

For example the package fedora-ksplice could be a noarch package because
it's
contains only two shell scripts but unfortunately ksplice which is a
dependency of
this package is provided only for the intel architiecture.

Creating such a package as a noarch package may cause dependencies
issues, because
the require package will no be available on all plattforms.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt