Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 16:25:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 12:18 +0200, Julian Sikorski wrote:
> > boot.iso/netinst.iso
>
> What's the difference between these two by the way?

There isn't one.  However old virt-manager tools look for a "boot.iso"
instead of a "netinst.iso", so when we tried to rename this iso to match
reality (it has stage 2 on it, it's not just a boot iso) we broke
things.  So we keep the compatible name in the images/ directory but
call it by what it really is in the iso/ directory.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!