What I HATE about F11

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 15 19:19:56 UTC 2009

Casey Dahlin wrote:
> Really, init scripts should open the firewall ports they need when
> their service comes up (and I'll propose something for upstart 1.0
> later today to make that make more sense.)

How is that supposed to work when I only want to allow connections to a
service on a whitelist of IP addresses?

Right now I do this with static iptables rules that I have set up
(which, since I am never /not/ running the daemon in question, doesn't
have any drawbacks I can think of off the top of my head).

--
Matthew
End of Transmission