Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 23:52:19 UTC 2009

Richard W.M. Jones (rjones at redhat.com) said:

> > > Because it's 58% of our userbase (source: F11 torrent stats.)
> >
> > Do we have any numbers on how many of this systems are x86_64 capable ?
>
> If large parts of the world are walking around carrying 6 x CDs from
> town to town, then we don't even have accurate stats for ix86 either.

Sure, but we don't even know that *that's* happening in a countable manner;
the plural of anecdote is not data. Similarly, saying "LTSP machines
could be machines not counted in smolt stats", while factual, doesn't
actually give you *useful* information as to their prevelance - it doesn't
even *have* those anecdotes.

Bill