What I HATE about F11

Michael Fleming mfleming at thatfleminggent.com
Wed Jun 17 11:55:15 UTC 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:35:00 -0300
Martín Marqués <martin.marques at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/6/15 Casey Dahlin <cdahlin at redhat.com>:
> >
> > Maybe we should just make the command line more friendly so users
> > don't mind reaching for it. I vote we add clippy.
>
> You're joking, right?

It's *clippy* - of course it's a joke. :-)

I'm sure the appropriate people within MS would admit to all sorts of
perverse indiscretions well before admitting that Clippy was their
idea.

A command line clippy would result in sysadmins and power users rioting
in the street.

"I see you're trying to write a shell scri^C; rm -f /usr/bin/clippy"...

(A true BOFH would have it run in his least-favourite luser's .profile,
set immutable and located in luser's $HOME/bin. :-P)

Serious note: hotwire / hotssh may not suit the experienced -
personally  it's not my thing - but it would be an excellent compromise
for the newer user that needs a bit of help with the CLI.

Michael.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming at thatfleminggent.com> - (EMail/XMPP/Jabber)
WWW: http://www.thatfleminggent.com