Porting amarok-1.4 to F11

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 00:33:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Kevin Kofler<kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Then that's a HAL bug. HAL is supposed to detect hardware and mount it
> automatically (using FUSE if needed, that works just fine with ntfs-3g). It
> makes no sense that you have to mount it by hand and it makes even less
> sense to expect apps to handle hardware which the tools responsible for
> detecting hardware don't detect.

I think we'd need to see a diff of lshal before and after the device
was physically connected to know what's going on and what hal knows
about the device in question.

And in the future, isn't this something that DeviceKit* is going to
have to grow some logic about...anything which could use libiphone.

-jef