Announcing LXDE Fedora Remix 11

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 19 08:11:29 UTC 2009

Am Freitag, den 19.06.2009, 08:14 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> On 06/19/2009 12:38 AM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>

> > You never tried to convey anything to me. Back in Februar I asked for
> > your ks and you said you wanted to post it to fedora-devel. This never
> > happened.
>
> I got distracted with other things. Mine wasn't that different anyway.
> It was the almost the same set of packages after all with some minor
> changes in configuration.

To sum it up: You say you wanted to work together with me, but you did
not contact me, you did not tell me and you did not send me your ks,
although you promised to do so. Right?

> > I find it despicable from you to take the work others did, slap your
> > name on it and release it without _ANY_ attribution to the people doing
> > most of the work and without even telling anybody about your plans. This
> > is FOSS after all, communication is vital and credit the main currency.
>
> As I have noted before, your name is right there on top of
>
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/remixes/LXDE/lxde-fedora-remix-11.ks
>
> even before mine. I have only indicated that I have made some
> modifications and it would be fair to do so. The whole idea behind
> remixes is that it can be done by anybody.

My name is at the top of the ks and you hardly can remove a copyright
notice. Nevertheless AFAICS all you changed is:
      * You replaced slim with gdm because you could not get it working
      * and included PolicyKit-gnome
This is not really much remixing of my work. Don't you think that my
name should have been mentioned in the announcement?

> Rahul

Regards,
Christoph