Fedora 11 wireless-tools yum erase?

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 12:10:20 UTC 2009

On 21/06/09 12:59, Martin Sourada wrote:

> I'm not sure about most of these, but I'd like to note that
> wpa-supplicant is not a wireless-only tool (that one of your sentences
> seem to imply). I use it at dorm to authenticate to wired network(as
> well as at home to authenticate to home wifi network). And because some
> NM features clearly require its presence, it would be broken if it did
> not require it.

Then the description need changing:

Description wpa_supplicant is a WPA Supplicant for Linux, BSD and
Windows with support for WPA and WPA2 (IEEE 802.11i / RSN). Supplicant
is the IEEE 802.1X/WPA component that is used in the client stations. It
implements key negotiation with a WPA Authenticator and it controls  the
roaming and IEEE 802.11 authentication/association of the wlan
            : driver.

> Martin

Frank