Why do we need FC version attached to the package name?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 22 11:23:10 UTC 2009

On 06/22/2009 04:49 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:

> I think you mean "before pushing" rather than signing, but this idea has been
> suggested before.

Well, if you aren't going to push anyway, then signing it wouldn't be
that useful, right? A koji build can be a trigger for the script check
instead of a push in bodhi.

The good thing is, we could possibly tie this into bodhi
> during update submission.  It's fairly easy to do NEVR comparisons and we don't
> need full repos for the upgrade path checks to happen since we can use the
> update information and koji tags.
>
> The bad thing is, this suffers from the same problems every other auto-QA
> suggestion has.  Namely, no code, nobody with time to write the code, and it
> potentially slows things down even more.

Isn't the scripts Michael Schwendt refers to, not useful anymore? Even
one with some false positives would be better than nothing. There is
also the separate but related problem of maintainers ignoring issues
that are being reported but that is a relatively smaller number.

Rahul