Fedora 11 wireless-tools yum erase?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Jun 23 22:42:44 UTC 2009

TK009 wrote:
> As to the bug itself, I can not and will not speak for why it bothers
> the OP. To answer your question though, it bothers me because I don't
> want packages on my machine I don't need.

If you need package XYZ and package XYZ needs package foo for whatever
reason, then you need package foo, even if it doesn't intuitively make
sense to you.

> As it is my machine that is reason enough.

It's not, there's no rationale for removing small packages just because you
think you don't need them (when you actually do, see above).

> Size is irrelevant.

Huh? What harm is a package with a size in the KB range going to do? Just
leave it sitting there instead of wasting your and our time whining about a
dependency.

        Kevin Kofler