X11 on intel (rawhide)

darrell pfeifer darrellpf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 22:56:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 14:12, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Following the last official rawhide update (21st was it?), my desktop
> has been hosed.
>
> I've updated to the latest xorg-server and intel drivers (plus a few
> others) as well as gdm and anything else I can think off. All updates

One other note worthy of mention. Since we're just post-release, rawhide is
going through its usual unstable phase.

There have been a few updates for various components to use policykit. Those
appear to have resulted in some permissions issues. Cheese won't take pics
(/dev/video ownership is incorrect), thumb drives won't mount on the desktop
and pulseaudio can't find sound devices).

darrell